Diamonds provide another level of excellence to your jewelry. Over time, new types of advancements in the diamonds are made. Other than naturally mined diamonds, lab-grown diamonds are gaining popularity among people for special occasions. Lab diamonds are environment-friendly jewelry for those seeking ethical options in jewelry. But when clients go to make a purchase. Their first question regarding the lab diamonds is if are lab diamonds cubic zirconia. This guide is to satisfy such clients and provide them with the correct answer.
Unveiling The Secret Behind: Are Lab Diamonds Cubic Zirconia?
To understand if lab diamonds and cubic zirconia have any link, you should know what they are.
- A lab-created diamond is a diamond in which the carbon atoms are arranged in such a way. That forms the standard cubic crystal structure.
- Are lab diamonds cubic zirconia? Lab diamonds are also known as synthetic or cultured diamonds.
- Lab diamonds are created in a laboratory under controlled conditions and environments. Lab-created diamonds can be made through two main methods: High Pressure High Temperature (HPHT) and Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD).
- In the HPHT method, lab diamonds pressurize the carbon atoms at high temperatures. On the other hand, in the CVD method, a diamond seed is placed in a chamber filled with carbon-rich gas. Due to this, the layers of diamond are grown naturally on the seed.
- On the other hand, cubic zirconia is not a diamond. It is the imitation of the diamond.
- A massive difference between lab diamonds and cubic zirconia is that carbon atoms are not part of cubic zirconia. Still, both natural and lab-made diamonds are made up of carbon atoms.
- It is vital to know that cubic zirconia comprises zirconium and oxygen. There is a particular procedure for making cubic zirconia known as skull melting. In this method, the zirconium oxide is heated to extreme temperatures. And then, when it is completely cooled off, cubic zirconia crystals are made.
- Cubic zirconia is composed of substances that provide weak longevity, and they can build scratches and damage quickly.
- Cubic zirconia is not a practical option for reflecting and refracting light at different angles.
Lab Diamonds And Cubic Zirconia Usage:
It is vital to know which industries or fields lab grown diamonds and cubic zirconia are used.
- Lab diamonds, with time, have gained enormous popularity due to their similarities with naturally mined diamonds.
- Lab diamonds provide the same quality, durability, and functionality as naturally mined diamonds.
- Are lab diamonds cubic zirconia? But lab diamonds are a budget-friendly option.
- Lab diamonds are famous for reflecting and refracting light flexibly.
- People use it on different occasions as a source of gifts or to make their occasions more memorable.
- Lab diamonds can be used in engagement or wedding rings, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, etc. People who do not use naturally mined diamonds due to their lengthy and dangerous procedure go for lab diamonds. As they provide them with safe and secure jewelry without causing any disturbance in the environment.
- But there is more to lab diamonds. Because they are also used in cutting and drilling complex equipment due to their rugged appearance.
- Cubic zirconia, conversely, is a diamond imitation, as we discussed earlier. So it cannot compete with lab diamonds in appearance and functionality.
- Still, they are a good choice for a person who is short on budget. But wants to enjoy the use of diamond-looking jewelry.
- Cubic zirconia may look like lab diamonds in appearance, but differences make them different.
- Lab diamonds are a costly option if we consider them with cubic zirconia. But they are an affordable option if you choose them over naturally mined diamonds.
- The main reason behind their expensiveness compared to cubic zirconia is that they are made with the help of different materials and have undergone several procedures. Due to this, their cost is high when choosing between lab diamonds and cubic zirconia.
- Cubic zirconia is a cheap option compared to naturally mined and lab-made diamonds. You can create a luxurious look with the help of jewelry made from cubic zirconia.
Which One Is The Best Option?
Are lab diamonds cubic zirconia? Choosing between lab-made diamonds and cubic zirconia depends on your preference. If you need environmentally safe, durable quality, and delicate jewelry, then lab diamonds are the right option for you. But if you want a more budget-friendly alternative than lab diamonds and the appearance of diamonds. Choosing cubic zirconia is the right option for you. Do you know about Oval Lab Grown Diamonds?
To conclude, are lab diamonds cubic zirconia? Both of these materials are different from each other. They are different in their making procedures, properties, durability, cost factors, etc. Both of these options are incredible options for jewelry lovers. But it is crucial to know your requirements regarding the jewelry. You should also know the details of Round shaped Lab Grown Diamonds.